- ½ – 1 tsp. (adjust to taste) Peppermint Matcha Pick-me-up green tea from myteabox.ca
- ¼ cup hot water (not boiling)
- ¾ cup milk (your choice of dairy or almond or coconut or soy)
- ½ tsp agave syrup (optional)
1. Gently heat the milk in a saucepan until hot. Congratulate yourself that you washed the dishes, and thus have a clean saucepan readily available.
2. Place the matcha in a mug or teacup. Muse about its bright green colour, and become intrigued about the process that creates such a fine powder.
3. Add the hot water to the matcha and thoroughly whisk. Realize that when you drink this, you will be consuming the entire green tea leaf – its tiny particles suspended in the liquid – with all of its health benefits.
4. Pour in the heated milk, and continue whisking to combine evenly with the matcha mixture. Chuckle at how no one pronounces the “h” in “whisk.”
5. Add the agave syrup and sweeten to taste. Stop and observe the drink for a moment, with its frothy bubbles and creamy-mint colour. Breathe in the arousing peppermint aroma wafting upward. Now, take a sip. Let the earthy flavour surprise you, as it shifts into a satisfying sweetness on the back of your tongue. Enjoy the special peppermint twist. Realize that you are taking in a hearty dose of antioxidants (aka, “disease-fighters”), and smile at yourself for making a wholesome, tasty treat. ♥